Here's a simple tool that can be used to start a simple conversation, either with yourself or with your team.
It looks at four aspects of performance:
- Achievement: what have you achieved today, this week etc?
- Learning: What have you learnt over the last few days, today?
- Meaning: How does your work (or private life) help with finding meaning?
- Enjoyment: Are you enjoying what you are doing?
Print out the sheet (download here), put it up on a wall and mark where you are, scaling between 0 - 10, 10 being the highest - i.e. the green dots in the above example.
Are you scoring all 10's, excellent - tell me how you are doing this!
Are you scores all below 5, maybe a mixture?
Here are some supporting questions:
- where are you now and what has contributed to that?
- where would you like to be and what are the reasons for that? what is motivating that desire?
- what can you do that is within your control to move this forward?
If you would like to know more, then please do get in touch.